Friday, September 23, 2005

Girls and College?

So, what do you think about girls and college?
Here's what I think. I think that females should go if they are called to do so.
God has called(most) females to be homemakers, faithful wives and loving mothers. Will going to college make women want to be buisness women, competitive workers, or successful owners of a company? These things are not "bad" things.
My goal in life is not to be a successful buisness women, but a keeper of the home. I can not wait to get married, raise children, and have a family who loves the Lord and wants to serve Him. Will going to college help me reach this goal?
Remember this is what I think... please give your input and what you think.

Thanks guys!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm....that's a good question. And I admit, it raises some issues I don't know the answer to.

I guess life boils down to the fact that my purpose here on earth is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever. My chief end isn't to get married and have kids (though it may well be part of God's plan for me, and I pray every day that it is!).

Don't misunderstand me. My greatest desire, besides serving God, is to be a wife and a mother. I think it is one of the highest callings.

Since I am turning 18 in a few months, Dad, Mom and I are giving much prayer and time in talking over what I should do. As much as I desire marriage at an early age, it could be that God would not have me get married until I am well into my 20s, or even not at all, so I feel like I should give consideration to ways I can spend my time profitably. It looks like college is a likely option right now, but we'll see what the Lord has in store.

One last thing about deciding if we as women are called to college is the role of the parents, and especially fathers. I would not go to college unless I had my dad's full, 100% approval and blessing. One, because he is my father and the authority God has given me, but also because he knows me better than almost anyone, and knows if it is appropriate for me.

There a whopper of a comment for you. lol. I agree with your post, these were just a few additional thoughts.

Kara